1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western NY

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Newdude, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

ok guys. This is driving me crazy. What does everyone think about the potential of Tues-Weds. night? Its lookin like a pretty big storm but... as in like the last couple, i'm kinda thinking we are goin to end up in the same sit... a few in. of snow, then ice and sleet. What do you guys think? From what I've read on the storm, its lookin as if its goin to stall around PA, bringin ice and snow there, then NY and VT are goin to get snow from Tues. morning on, then I read that it is supposed to set up shop over Conn., VT, and Mass., and bring heavy lake effect to all of NY from Buff., to Roc and Syr, and beyond. What do you call for precip? I am going to stick my neck out and say Tuesday, atleast 3-5 maybe 4-8 throughout the day with about .25 in. of ice, then Tuesday night into Wednesday afternoon, I'll say uh, anywhere from 5-10 maybe 6-12 more on top of that bringin my estimate total to anywhere from 8-16 in.. Any thoughts? guesses?

http://www.whec.com/article/567/ I checked here (watch the vid, gives better description)

and http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=buf&FcstType=text&site=BUF&map.x=182&map.y=133

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I just watched the 10pm news She has us down foe 4-10 inches on Wednesday.But since they messed up the last one who knows. Last week it was only going to be 1-2 inches I had 14 inches in some of my lots!

3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

i check the NOAA site and the NWS has a storm watch for 6-12 in........ ok its been upgraded (just checked at 4:27) to a storm warning and now total acc. estimates are 8-12 and heaviest accum. tuesday night into wednesday with storm totals of 10-14 inches for areas within lake Ontario to about 20 miles south. Same is said for buffalo but with about a 1-3 inch less estimate, stating that higher tallies will be east, i.e. finger lakes area.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsig...ace1=Webster+NY&product1=Winter+Storm+Warning

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsig...ace1=Buffalo+NY&product1=Winter+Storm+Warning

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  4. grandview

Well they still have us at 8-12+ for Tues. into Weds. Looks like I'll be off PlowSite for a few hours. Plus side more videos.

5. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Time to get the coffee brewing and the windshield washer fluid filled cause we are gonna get some snow!!

Took the kiddies tubing on Sunday, llooks like we will be able to go this weekend too!!

Good luck guys, stay safe and warm.

6. FTGUprprtyMaint

FTGUprprtyMaint Member

i live in rochester right on the lake there calling for 7-14 by wed. I'm calling there bluff.. They have been wrong all winter long... I'm guessing 4-6

7. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I wish we had BAD forcasts like that! They usualy call for snow and we get nothing. Or as in the last few, a good 2 trip storms ends up with a few inches of slop and ice, Not good if you have a 3" trigger and salting isn't in the contract.

I heard 16" by Wed. Why is it every storm this year has been like a spin of the wheel at Vegas! Come on baby! Scotty wants a 3 trip storm!!! Whoo Hoooo!!!

8. FTGUprprtyMaint

FTGUprprtyMaint Member

so far here in Webster, NY which is just north east of rochester, we have 8.3 inches of snow in the last 24 hrs... finally got to push a nice sized pile wesport

9. grandview

Well another "Well the air was warmer then we thought" so instead of 12+...we only ended up with 5-6.

10. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

I hate this kinda snow.....so heavy and sticky, doesn't roll nicely, clumps up......

11. FTGUprprtyMaint

FTGUprprtyMaint Member

no way heavy snow = BIG PILES = MUCH FUN!!

12. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Big piles!

the snow was just right for making those 10'ers into the sky:bluebounc

I had totals as wacked as 5" up to maybe 9" on my route.

snow totals for Rochester this year 81", Syracuse 92.4" and Buffalo coming in at 71.1"

13. AbsoluteH&L

I got 1- 1/2 trips in . Did some Tuesday night late, then the whole route Wed morning. Alot of the snow melted on the drives that fell on Tuesday, so it was very hit and miss. I heard we got a little over a foot, but that is actual snowfall. The most I probably hit was 10" Oh yeah! it was fun!!

14. Prof Touch L&L

Prof Touch L&L Member

66* today and 1-3" tomorrow. WTF :realmad:

15. grandview

Can't sell the plow yet!

16. AbsoluteH&L

Sell the plow!!!? You hanging it up? Or just getting new?

17. grandview

Looks like another crap week come rain,ice and snow.

18. Prof Touch L&L

Prof Touch L&L Member

He's talking about me. :)

19. AbsoluteH&L

Oooooh, I got it.

20. Prof Touch L&L

Prof Touch L&L Member

so whats up for this weekend??