1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western NY snow tonight!

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Snowplow71, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Weather stations say between 2-4 or 3-5 tonight and 1-3 tomarrow! I'm ready but nothing is delivered. I guess I'm going to by busy all night. Hope I can get pic's hooking up.

Tonight: Occasional snow, mainly after midnight. Low around 24. North wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
    News 10NBC
    Shifting bands of lake snow tonight will drop 2 to 4 inches of snow areawide with locally higher amounts near the lakeshore. Low 25.

Wonder whats going to happen. I posted the weather's "guess" to see who is right when it is all over with. Did that quite abit last year and then found who was usually right.
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

im only suppose to get a dusting...... i hope there wrong
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Last I heard maybe an 1 or so .Southern tier is at a foot to 2 feet in some places.
  4. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

i think well be lucky if we even get the dusting looks like its shifting more towards rain now
  5. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

Just one storm like that would make my winter.payup
  6. grandview

7. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

We used to get snow in nj, I remember one year we needed a backhoe on my road(private) to move the snow cause we ran out room on the sides.
  8. Saltydawg

Saltydawg Junior Member

I don't have any pictures but I was out last night and today.

Bout 8-10 inches of very heavy and very wet snow around Cherry Creek and about 12 inches in the hills near Ellicotville.
    Snow is coming down pretty good right now in Gowanda.

Lot of my drives are gravel and it hasn't frozen up yet. Combined with the wettest snow possible made for some interesting plowing ... sometimes i was pushing the snow and sometimes it was pushing me :dizzy:

It is very localized and coming down in heavy bands. You could run into 10 inches in one spot and 10 miles up the road there's only 2 inches.
  9. BGehl

BGehl Member

It does not look like those of us close to the city are going to get much at all. I would think an inch accumulating through tomorrow night.
  10. lumps

lumps Senior Member

I really need to move to the hills south of the city. We rarely get good storms up in the northtowns.
  11. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

tughill got 2 feet apparently last night and today
  12. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

The snow isn't supose to start until after midnight for me. Suck's cause I get up at 2:30 so if I do have to plow (one account is 1 1/2 trigger its a hospital). So i hope I don't plow and it fill's back in! If all else fail's and it doesn't snow at all I have to salt. It's wet out and all froze!
  13. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

This is what we have up in Lockport at halftime.

CIMG0825 (Large).jpg

CIMG0826 (Large).jpg
  14. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

batavia got nothing but a dusting tonight. i hate when they get your hopes up for real snow and we end up getting nothing...
  15. grandview

About 2 inches here made a quick salt run.
  16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Told you!:waving:
  17. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

That is about all we by got this morning.... And I am in the "Southern Tier"/ Binghamton area
  18. BGehl

BGehl Member

Ten minutes south of you in Elma has nothing.

Green grass.
  19. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

2" would be enough to push 95% of my accounts, and for you that's just a quick salt run:cry:

Who's better than you!?!
  20. mreamer

mreamer Member

Was snowing quite hard this afternoon in Caledonia, visibility was probably 1/8 mile at times. Unfortunately the snow didn't stick to the roads or driveways. Not snowing anymore.