1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western New Style Lights

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Bighammer, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

What year were they introduced? Besides the lights are there any other changes or indications of a plows age? (looking for a used plow for my 03)

Thanks

2. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

The nighthawks came out 2 years ago. Those are the new halogen bulbs.

Dont meant to thread jack but does anyone know how to adjust the night hawks?

3. bean7654

bean7654 Member

Adjusting is easy. There is 2 bolts holding them. Loosen them, adjust the light which does pivot up, down, and side to side, then tighen bolts up.

4. TonawandaNY

I just tried that. I can pivot side to side. The rust build up wont let me do up and down. I called the dealer. They said bring it in. Thank god for warranty work.

I tried to spay a little wd40 on it. still wont budge.

5. bean7654

bean7654 Member

If you take off the light completely there will be 2 gold plates under the light that should slide against each other to allow it to go up and down. Take it apart and clean it up and u should be all set.

6. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

Thanks for the help. I got an 8' pro plow with the wiring and mounting stuff from a Dodge dealership that was closing. The pictures made it look very new, but it has the older lights. It's a couple years old, but had only been used a handful of times because a Jeep that was more maneuverable was the preferred plow machine.

7. TonawandaNY

I do not think it is that hard to change the lights to the new type. Just be prepared to shell out 300 clams for the lights... PS, the new fisher lights are the same as the new westerns. They have the same part number so shop around.

Steve

8. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

I don't really care what lights it has, I'm not on the road with it much. I have a long driveway and a mile of road (that I have to maintain) to get out.

It just puzzled me that the plow looked new, but had old style lights.

9. The fisher lights may need an adaptor to go from the old style to the new intensifire check out the 29033 headlamp adaptor, or if your willing to cut up your old lights you may be able to splice them instead of the 29033