1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western myp plow problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by pvtben121, Nov 19, 2010.

1. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

i picked up the plow in new york in the summer. i have never used a vee plow. that is probably the problem.
    anyway went to drain the pump got sprayed in the face with hydro fluid from the drain plug.so i read the manual and put the vee in and put the lift ram down we filled it before we did that and drained it again and it sprayed everywere again so we decided to keep the drain plug in for good but we put fluid in and ran the plow all directions went to fill it up and it was spraying all over the truck from the fill plug. this is becoming a big PITA so do i just have a low IQ or has this happened to others
  2. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

take the vent cap off before openning the fill plug... slowly!
  3. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

its the grey cap in the front right i think i figured it out
  4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

You probably need a new cap. The tank should not be holding pressure. The same thing will happen when guys replace the cap with a solid plug not realizing it's supposed to vent. It ends up blowing out the o-ring seal in the tank.
  5. papaMoose

papaMoose Junior Member

since I forgot to grab my breather when I left for work this morning, anyone know what size that threaded connection is??? Working at a hydraulics distributor has its perks if you remember to grab the darn thing