1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western MVP3 cutting edge

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jewell1386, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

I purchased a brand new MVP3 last fall, We are in the middle of moving shops and I noticed I am missing a pretty good chunk of cutting edge and as we all know last winter was not much to chat about. I have heard to upgrade to ticker edges but I went to my local dealer and got a blank stare when I asked. He told me he was unsure about a thicker edge followed by my plow was not adjusted correctly I responded with "well you installed soooooo" he had no response any help would be great

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Your dealer is an idiot. Western offers 3/8" and 1/2" cutting edges. 44285-2 is 1/2" edge for 8.5' blade. 44567-2 for 9.5' blade.

LapeerLandscape likes this.
  3. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

There are 3 in the area going to check pricing i am just shocked that they wore that fast I got unimounts that last 3 seasons

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Is the A frame sitting level. And usually if it's missing a chunk, either someone hit something, or a bad forging.

5. kimber750

Doubt your unimount weighed 900+ pounds. Also snow conditions, surface type and speed can affect edge wear.

6. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

This plow is my personnel plow it has more miles up then down and going to take it in and get it installed on a new to me truck. Boss got a fancy plow truck

7. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

go one line and buy an aftermarket edge . its b.s. that douglas dynamics doesnt put a 1/2" blade from the beginning

8. kimber750

Then you must be really pissed that the 1/2" is optional, plows come with 3/8" edges.

9. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

I am not that worked up over it to be honest was curios about it. I love my western plows I ventured away for the last new plow I purchased and baaaaddddd mistake it was more issues than this is

10. kimber750

I stick with the 3/8". IMO opinion scraps the hard pack better. Realize an 1/8" shouldn't make a big difference but it makes me :)

11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

The 9-6 only comes with the ½.