1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western mvp3 controller problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bel-nor, Jan 22, 2016.

1. bel-nor

bel-nor Member

Hello to all, and happy New Year, I have mvp3 the hand held controller fails to navigate the plow at times (with the float and power lights on) , shuts off periodically, and the power light blinks. Shaking it will cause it to loose power also. Causing minor problems, however I haven't lost any work. If you have any ideas please advise. Thanks, be safe out there.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Check the 4 pin plug at the base of the controller cable. If the power or ground looses contact it will shut off. If one of the other two (communication wires) loose contact the red light will flash. It is often the female half on the truck control harness that causes this. Sometimes you can just push the plug together tight and then put a bit of electrical tape over it to secure it in place.
    If that is not the problem look at your grill plugs for cleanliness and corrossion. Clean them and apply dielectric grease.

3. bel-nor

bel-nor Member

Mishnick thank you, looked close at the connect it was a little loose. I taped and applied dielectric grease. Thanks again