1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western mvp

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by wewille, Dec 30, 2012.

1. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Has anybody adapted an older western unimount v-plow to work with a bobcat? I have an s650, and came across a cheap blade that was used on a truck with central hydraulics. Im not sure if the hydralics could be made to work? Any ideas? I think I need two hoses to each ram...

2. hamm8232

hamm8232 Junior Member

I did it with a valve about $240 one switch or you can use the electronic plug on the boom if you have it.

3. wewille

wewille Senior Member

4. wewille

wewille Senior Member

I do have the electric plug.

5. hamm8232

hamm8232 Junior Member

i saw it a couple days ago, I got the valve from force america. it has two ports on top that you run your hoses that come from the skid two on the left and two on the right. left,right wings
    The valve is always open to one wing until you put power to it than it goes to the other wing
    for this valve to work you need two way cylinders on the blade like western has not like boss with oneways

I have built two v-plows for skids, they work great the one I just built is 11'

if you want the part# i can get it tomarow

pics www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=142588

6. wewille

wewille Senior Member

The part number would be great! Thanks for the info!

7. hamm8232

hamm8232 Junior Member

part# ds12be1sxt they make one with smaller fittings and you will have to get adaptors from boss oring to pipe to make it easy they are about $25 for 6 of them from force america