1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western MVP wing options.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Duncan90si, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I just bought an 8.5' MVP (not a MVP Plus). I need to put a set of wings on the plow to make it wider due to the width of my truck. I was wanting to use a set of the new plow wings from Western, but I was told that the curve of the blade from the MVP to the MVP Plus is different. I would rather not have to use the Buyers type wings with the rubber edge but if that's my only option then I'll have to. I've used them before and I'm not too fond of them. So, what are my options for wings to make this plow wider? Are there any other aftermarket companies out there that make wings that will work on my MVP?

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

You can take the western pro plus blades and your welder to make them work. I have to do this to Salopez V plow. I will post pictures when I get to it. Its on page 3 of a 4 page to do list before winter.