1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western mvp unimount problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by matt_field, Oct 30, 2009.

1. matt_field

matt_field Junior Member

hey guys, got a couple questions, ive got a western unimount mvp on my truck and used it quick tonight, and all of a sudden it wouldnt raise. It did angle but wouldnt go up. I checked the Connections and the main power connection from truck to plow was wierd so i pulled it apart and the connector came with it. So i tried to hotwire the plow, just power and ground and the motor wouldnt run. Shouldnt the motor run if you put power and ground to it? thanks a lot appreciate the help

Matt

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it should run if you hot wire it but your connections need to be decent to carry the starting load. Otherwise you just get the usual sparks and snaps but no activity.

3. matt_field

matt_field Junior Member

i actually just used jumper cables and they got hot and sparked...

4. matt_field

matt_field Junior Member

i got the motor to run tonight, but it doesnt seem like the pump is working. what would cause that? it does nothing but run the pump when i hit up or left/ right

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you have the stock power cable still connected together while you were using your jumper cables Matt? If not that's why none of the functions work. If you look at that cable connection, in addition to the two larger connecting pins there's also a small pin in there that supplies battery power to all the valve coils. Without that they will not function.