1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western MVP problem.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by F350MVP, Dec 8, 2015.

1. F350MVP

F350MVP Junior Member

Hello to all. Its been a while since I have been on the site. I have a 2005 Western MVP 8.5 foot plow on a 2004 Ford F350. Both were bought new and the plow was installed by the certified Western Dealer that I had purchased the plow from. My problem is this, when I hooked up to the plow for the first time this season 3 weeks ago to move it and change the fluids, I hit the raise button and immediately blew a line. So I ordered the line and replaced it and topped off the fluid. I hooked back up to the plow and hit the raise button and the left wing retracted. I hit the left and right buttons and the motor runs but nothing happens. I hit the Scoop, Vee, L Wing, or R Wing buttons and nothing happens at all. I removed the solenoid covers and all the wires are hooked up and in good condition. Now last year I didn't plow at all as my family and I had just moved back to our home town and I did not bolster up any plowing customers yet. I had to move it once last year and at first hook up the plow was not responding, my buddy jiggled the connections and it started to operate. I moved it and did not touch it again until 3 weeks ago. Does anybody have any advice on what the problem might be or what I can do to track the problem down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Clean the plow cable connections with electrical cleaner. Not just a quick spray, they need to be clean. That's the first thing to do if its been sitting.
  3. F350MVP

F350MVP Junior Member

I will try that tomorrow and let you know. Thank you.
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Use a use small pic to clean out female side. Small brush on male side.

If its a 2 plug set up, the battery lead cable has the plow control in the center (2 pins), those are the real important ones.