1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western MVP Problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by RRobbe, Dec 12, 2010.

1. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

So today I plowed for about 4 hours no issues. I drove into My last lot put the plow down, scraped to the back and plow dies. Won't do anything. Makes a clicking sound but the pump doesnt seem to want to pump. nothing. any suggestions or advise would be muck appreciated. I am stumped... Fiirst time I have had any trouble with this plow.:confused:

2. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

solenoid? I usually keep a spare for each plow in the trucks they're mounted on since they give up the ghost out of the blue...

3. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

yea but which one ?

4. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

I guess i will have to get a spare and start trying them all

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The solenoid is located on the right side of the pump. Open your protective box and you'll see it there. It's very easy to swap out.

6. bubbles10

bubbles10 Member

it might be the one on the truck side to

7. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

Thanks will check it out

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Unless it's NOT an MVP Plus, otherwise it's under the hood.

Easy enough to jump the solenoid and see if the motor runs. If it does the solenoid is bad or the small ground on it is loose. If it still doesn't run then you have a loose/poor cable connection or the motor died.

9. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

Sorry it is a mvp plus with the Flostat hydrolics.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then it's under the pump cover. Go over all the connections too while you're in there. Thumbs Up

11. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

Looking like it might be a motor

12. ff1241

ff1241 Member

Try a new hand controller. I just had this happen today and the plow is not even a week old. It sounds like the same problem I had. Plow will not do a thing but you will hear something trying to run.

13. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

Well it turns out the pump locked up and split the shaft on the electric motor. So all is fixed and it can start snowing again I am ready.