1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western mvp plus adjustment Help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by doccj, Jan 2, 2015.

1. doccj

doccj Junior Member

ok i have a western mvp plus on a 98 dodge ram 2500 hd. When angled or v or scoop i have gaps under under the blade. The closes part of the plow to my truck is in the air. when in v for cutting open a path, the point is down lower then the ends of the plow and if i just have it angled the closes edge to the truck is off the ground 2 inches or more. this was a new plow that a dealer set up the on the truck 4 years ago. How do i correct this? I see guys running lifted and stock trucks with the same set up and they sit flat no matter how the plow is angled.... is their a ajustment on the plow i can use or do i have to lower the mount on the truck? my plow has the UltraMount

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Therer are two adjustments for MVPs (ultra mounts that is) First there are the four options for primary configuration, see link above pages 9, 10 and 11. Then there is the fine adjustment only available on V blades which is four 5/8" carraiage bolts at the rear of the A-frame where it joins with the push bar. Different versions have several holes or wedges on slotted holes. The goal of this adjustment is the have the A-frame parallel to the ground when the unit is on a flat surface with the blade dropped. Getting this right will make your cutting edge wear evenly. Wrong adjustment will make V blade cutting edges wear round....

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

four 5/8" carriage bolts at the rear of the A-frame where it joins with the push bar
    Something to remember With new edge on you adjust it and you might need adjust it once the edge gets down to 2''
    I run 8'' edge about every 2'' of wear I have adjust the plow one hole The life my edge I'll adjust it 3 times To keep the wear even