1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western MVP Plus 8.6 Poly-V

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by case85, Nov 7, 2006.

1. case85

case85 Junior Member

Very interested in possibly purchasing this plow. I've never owned a Western does anyone have any thoughts on how this plow compares to the competition?
  2. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Western Plows

Never had a MVP plow, but all I have ever owned and will ever own are Westerns. No complaints and flawless performance.

Also thier mounting system is by far the best out there today!
  3. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

I bought one and really like it. I wish I could say It plows well but in time. It works real fast. Any specific questions ask away.
  4. case85

case85 Junior Member

I almost bought the Boss this yesterday but got cold feet. I'm glad you guys seem pleased with yours. I've heard the older ones were a little slow reacting, but it seems they have a new valve system. Also the mounting seems very simple for quick on/off. Is the poly the way to go for the money?
  5. mikepeer

mikepeer Junior Member
    from indiana

the mvp and the mvp plus use the same mount. the only draw back to the new mvp plus is that it has a different harness then any other western. if you have more then one western you can not interchange plows and trucks. yes it does have a brand new 11 valve pump vs last years 6 valve, curve of the blade is different and it has different cutting edges. they are faster and a little different design then last year, but you can save some money buy getting last years model and same harness as the rest. just my .02
    8.5 mvp $3900
    8.5 mvp plus $4400