1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western MVP plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by qualitylandscap, Mar 4, 2007.

1. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

What is the difference between a western mvp plow and the western mvp plus plow? Is the mvp plus just a updated version of last version? If so what type of updates did they do to it? Also how does the western's vee plow compair to the other vee plows out there ( boss, hinker, fisher, curtis?

2. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

go to boss plow website and look at the comparison

3. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

Thanks I went a watch the videos, but I think that was on the old version of the MVP and not the MVP plus.

4. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

ya the videos on the boss website are outdated they dont have the fisher extreme v or the mvp plus

5. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

Also I went on westerns website and did their demo of the new MVP controller, and when you hit the wing button it seems like you don't know if it is going to come back or go forward. Does anyone have a problem with this that owns the western vee plow?

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

The mvp plus is a huge improvement over the mvp. They basically took a Pro plus and made it bend in the middle. The hydrualics are 10 times faster. It also uses westerns new multiplex system, which has all the wiring on the plow itself. Nothing under the hood. You can also get the pro plus wings for it. To make a gaint scoop plow.

The western trip edge will trip no matter what postion it is in. A boss will only trip in straight blade postion. Scoop or V postion forget it.

The boss website is very very bias. don't waste u time.

7. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

Yea thats what i was thinking. Does anyone have any comparison between the newer models of the vee plows?

8. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i know that fisher has a good video of there extreme V on there website

9. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

Thanks itsgottobegreen for the information. I also noticed that the mvp plus is 98lbs light that the older mvp in the steel 8'6" model which is good cause it will be going on my 2001 f-250. Also it looks like boss and western have the same idea on the center gap to prevent snow from leakage in the middle of the plow. Also can you get the wings on the 8'6ft vee plow?

10. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

Thanks I'll go check it out. Are the Western mvp plus and the fisher xtreme plow the same or not?

11. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

im not sure but i do think the fisher extreme V is a damn good plow

12. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

Yes, the Western and Fisher are made by the same company. Same hydraulics. Mounts are different. Personally I think the Ultramount is really slick. I think the Fisher wings are shaped a little different. Has anyone tried a stainless skin on a Western?

13. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

They won't fit. The fisher has a flared wings. The western has straight wings.

14. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

Thats what I thought it looked like on the showroom model, but I wasn't sure. What about Fisher wings on an Ultramount T-frame?:)