1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western MVP Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEAL, Jan 1, 2001.

1. NEAL

NEAL Member

Just wondering what you guys think of putting a Western MVP 8.5 v-plow on a full size blazer. I know that it weighs 880# but i ran a 7.5ft pro plow on my blazer that weighed 700#. My blazer had a 4 inch lift with some real stiff leaf springs so the front never sagged. obviously I will need considerable ballast to counter the weight. I also realize that the stock 10 bolt axles might not be too happy with all that weight but I could upgrade to 14 bolt axles. Finaly does anyone know if a MVP plow will hook up to a regular uni-mount mount currently on my truck?

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

880 is a bit heavy, but as long as your ready to replace ball joints and tie rods more often,and put a couple hunderd worth of ballast out back to keep the rear wheels on the ground,it should push it OK.
  3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The mvp will mount to the existing unimount system.
    I used to have an 8' fisher on a K-5 blazer. Never had any issues with that. The only problem I see, is that many times you wont be plowing, but carrying the snow, that static load will require alot more weight to keep it moving. Much like the skid steer with a pusher box. Loose traction and you have to start over again.