1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western MVP on a 09 F150?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Guy JR, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Guy JR

Guy JR Junior Member

Might be a dumb question but we have a 2006 Western MVP plow that we want to put on a 09 F150. I have been told it is too heavy of a plow but not what can happen. My western dealer told me he could mount it but he did not recomend it. What will happen if I decide to do it anyway?

2. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

that's way too much plow for an F150, A lot of parts will wear prematurely but the biggest issue I can see immediately would be that the steering would be incredibly dangerous.

3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i thought i heard the newer F150's have electric power steering which can't handle any plow. not sure on that or if the 09 models had it.

even so, that plow would be too much for most any half ton.

4. Guy JR

Guy JR Junior Member

Thanks for the replys guys. I think Im going to take the advice on this one and look at other options.