1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western MVP Light Upgrade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Polka town, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Polka town

Polka town Junior Member

I bought 2 Western MVP plows in 2005 they have the old style lights (they suck)
    has anyone plowed with the new lights? and do they sell an upgrade, if so how much?
    Lastly is the new lights worth the money? and will the 3 year old lights be worth anything.
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

new lights are definitely worth the money...i know the fishers of that year have the provisions so you can just swap out the lights, i do not know if western did the same thing...i can certainly tell you that the new lights are DEFNITELY worht the money

3. MetroTurf

MetroTurf Junior Member

I am wondering the same thing. I have a 3 year old MVP with the old lights and a plow I bought new last year with the new lights and there is a huge difference. If there is a kit to upgrade it would be high on my list of must haves.
  4. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

New Nighthawks Part# 28800

The new lights are part# 28800. They will go directly on a MVP plow as long as the light tower has the outer round hole and the inner slotted hole on each side. If the slotted hole is not there it is a simple modification to do so. These light sell for $243.59 CAD. Not sure of the USD price but that will give you a guide line. Depending on the dealer they may give you a small credit for your old lights but don't count on much.
    Mark @ Nes-Tech Sales and Service, Stratford, Ont.
  5. michdeere

michdeere Member

I just put the new Nighthawk lights on my '05 MVP. If your plow has 3 plugs to connect it (1 for lights, 1 for plow control, 1 for power), you can upgrade VERY easily. Bought mine for a little over $200. Old set brought $102.50 on e-bay.