1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western MVP LEAKING HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Iowalawn, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

Ultra Mount MVP 2010 Plow Started leaking on the pump. The picture is from the back side. power and ground wires attach to it. looks like it splits and that is where it is leaking from. Is this just a seal in there or what???? it is on the bottom of the motor on the pump right under my finger is where it is leaking. Western has no break down of this part!!! PLEASE HELP 2012-01-13_12-34-38_592 (1).jpg

2012-01-13_12-34-38_592 (1).jpg

2. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

3. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

i did not try to tighten the bolt at all yo think that will do it? or replace the seal? Thanks for the INFO by the way

4. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Your welcome, I would try tightening the bolts first before you spend money on parts.

5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

the stained color does not look like plow fluid. I don't believe the any of the western motors are sealed oil based motors so there must be some seal leaking. Just doesn't look like the the plow fluid.

6. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

The fluid is red it looks as if the bottom of the motor comes apart but idk... it for sure is plow fluid

7. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

There is a seal on the pump shaft in that exploded parts view as well as the reservoir seal so it could be leaking around the shaft seal. Look on page 20 of the Mechanic Guide, there is quite a bit were that leak could be coming from and it looks like something has been running down the side of the motor. Maybe B&B can shed some light on this because at this point I don't have a clue where to point you next.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it is coming from the end bell seam on the motor then the pump shaft seal took a dump. When they do the fluid runs down into the motor and since the motor isn't sealed leaks out of the seams. So if you're sure it's leaking from the motor you need a pump shaft seal. Need to pull the reserver, pump and motor to change it properly. Or you don't have to do a thing but head to the dealer if it's still under warranty. :D