1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western mvp help asap please!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Deebo53, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Deebo53

Deebo53 Member

My Western MVP wasnt lining up to attatch to my truck earlier due to the weight of salt in the back of the truck. I tried to hook drag it to the street where i thought i might have been able to attatch it. So i put the plow as far in as i could and hooked up the wiring, raised the plow and started slowly reverseing (stupid on my pat.

Pretty much the make a long story short....My MVP is on the floor stuck in the up position and im wondering if there is a way i can get it out of the lifted position. I detatched the support chains and could get it in that way but the plow would not raise with the remote.

I appreciate your time guys and please any informaiton would be greatly appreciated since more snow is expected in 2 days. Thank you in advance and i hope you all have a Merry Christmas

2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Keep the electrical plugged in, stay clear of the plow, hit the down button till the float lights up, walk up to the raise quadrant and physically push it down, or take a piece of wood with a hammer and tap it down.

3. Deebo53

Deebo53 Member

thanks for your help, but whats the raise quadrant there isnt any good diagrams on google

4. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Triangle shapped piece lift cylinder and chains attach to. www.westerplows.com will have all manuals and instructions you need under parts and service.

5. Deebo53

Deebo53 Member

Thanks a lot!! I'm going to go give it a try right now. I appreciate all of the advice. Merry Chirstmas again!!

6. SMiller

SMiller Member
    from IN

As others said, press the down button until the plow is in float, push the light tower back so the plow is in the down position, might have to stand on the blade and really push the light tower back.

7. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

If I have height issues I just grab the floor jack and lift up on the cross brace on the plow frame. As you jack it up the headgear tilts forward a bit...just pull forward into the plow and then get out and push back on the headgear till it locks in.

This may or may not help as some people won't have a floor jack handy...

8. Deebo53

Deebo53 Member

All of your guys input is appreciated! The problem is resolved we're expecting 4-8 inches here in MI tomorrow. Thank you everyone, be safe and enjoy the rest of your holiday!