1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western MVP fluid leak

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Grasskickin', Dec 19, 2011.

1. Grasskickin'

Grasskickin' Junior Member

I have a western unimount 8.5 MVP and from the bottom side of the reservoir fluid seems to leak constantly on to the secondary (horizontal) valve block.I took the reservoir off to make sure it was screwing tightly up against the primary valve block and it seems to be, seems like there should be a gasket between the reservoir and the valve block or something. if anyone has any experience with this problem your help would be greatly appreciated... calling for some possible snow tomorrow!

2. michdeere

michdeere Member

Is it dripping from the bottom of the reservoir? Mine did that right from the factory. It was a bad weld around the coupling they used that the drain plug screws into. You might check yours. Get this...dealer said mine could be warrantied. But they have to send it to Western. WTF? I go without the reservoir for 2-3 weeks? Yeah, right. They said they could order me a new one, that I have to pay for. And no return if it's been installed and used. I took it off and welded it myself. I really like my MVP, but Western's customer support sucks.

3. Grasskickin'

Grasskickin' Junior Member

yes it is for sure from the bottom of the reservoir...yeah ive dealt with western once and dont want to do it again thats for sure, but the mvp is a great blade i will check out that weld thank you for your help

4. Dawdy Services

Dawdy Services Senior Member

Their is a "o" ring that is od the valve body and the resevore I have seen them rolled or pinched when the resevore was put on