1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western MVP 9.5

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by branr1, Jan 22, 2010.

1. branr1

branr1 Member

Here's the deal I'm looking at getting another plow truck for my small company. The truck I have my eyes on is a 2006 Ford F-350 Regular Cab with a 5.4liter V8. My local Ford dealer says he can sell me a Western plow for the truck at cost because he's the one selling the truck. My original plan has been to out fit a newer Ford with a Fisher Xtreme V Stainless 9.5. What do you guys think of going with a Western MVP instead of the Fisher? Which Western, Poly or Steel Mold board?

I know, I know use the search feature. I did and I want more specific answers from true personal experience.ussmileyflag
  2. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

I here western was a better A frame. Go with the poly 9.5 then the blade won't rust on you. Here's the place where I just got my 8.5 from. They sell both fisher,western, meyers, and blizzard. Ask them at Stork's Automotive 1(610)488-1450. They where a big help to me.:waving:
  3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Nice thing about the mvp is you can swap skins if you dont like the steel/poly you can swap em out
  4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Really? That is nice feature I just bought a MVP Plus steel. I am thinking that a 9'6" maybe too large for that truck with only a 5.4 V8 motor... just a thought though
  5. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

That was my thought too. I'd opt for a 8'6" on that rig.
  6. branr1

branr1 Member

Man I really want the 9.5 should I look for a V10 powered SuperDuty? This will only be a plow rig I don't plan to daily drive it.
  7. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I have a 9.5 pro plus v on my 2000 f 250 with a v10 and it handles it great. The truck does have add a leafs on the front end to help with the weight. I imagine you will be fine with the 5.4 and a 9.5 v. We have had no problems whatsoever pushing this blade. We are even considering putting the wings on it.
  8. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

I would go with a diesel.:nod:
  9. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

A 5.4L won't be a deal killer. I have an 2002 5.4L, a 2006 5.4L, both trucks have 9.5' V Poly's and do great. I also have a 2006 6.0L powerstroke that pushes a wide out and I will say there is a sizable advantage to putting the v plow in front of the diesel. We had to break open some thick and crusty snow at a few accounts this pass year, the 2002 did fine pushing through, but the diesel would have driven through the areas much easier. Best of luck deciding