1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western mvp 2012 f350

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by imtired2012, Dec 31, 2011.

1. imtired2012

imtired2012 Junior Member
    from MN

happy new years eve everyone. I'm stuck in the gargage trying to get a MVP running on a 2012 f350. Its all hooked up, all lights work but the handheld is flashing red on the on/off light. I think its a slow flash. Its much slower than the green light flash when pushing the 2 4times and the 4 4 times. I'm guessing its not the security lock.

Any ideas anyone?

2. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Security lock is my guess. I've never had that on my MVP.

How are the lights on the plow frame? Any out?

3. imtired2012

from MN

All the lights are good, not problems with the lights. I'm starting to wonder if it the 12v acc I used. I pulled off the trailer brake harness. Do you recall where your 12v acc comes from?

4. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Not a clue. I gladly paid to have the install done.

5. Dawdy Services

Dawdy Services Senior Member

Did you plug the control harness bat plug in the right way

6. imtired2012

from MN

Everything is correct according to the wiring diagram. There is an extra wire harness that I dont have hooked up. It looks more like an adapter. It has a 4 pin batt plug,1 single pin plug and a large plug like the a,b,c iso plugs. I dont think its meant to be used but still dont know what it is for.

7. Dawdy Services

Dawdy Services Senior Member

That's used for a non multi plex strait blade