1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western MVP $2000

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by EXR, Apr 22, 2009.

1. EXR

EXR Senior Member

I have a older Western MVP vblade for sale. I would guess its a mid-late 90's.
    Its 8.5ft steel and comes with the hand held controller.
    Plow has a uni-mount mount.
    Came off a 2003 GMC 2500.
    I have spent a decent amount of money on the plow to get it running (it was not in use and stored for a couple years before I bought it).
    It has a new electric motor, new solinodes, new hand held controller, and replaced some wiring. I also had the fluid changed in the beginning of the year.
    I bought this plow in the fall for $3500 and then invested money into to get it running good. My other truck has a western 8.5ft poly plow I bought new and it was close to $10g's installed, so what I'm asking is a good value.
    The cutting edges are in good shape as well.
    I will be upfront, the plow has some damage on the left wing, but it has been repaired and I am going to have some more work done to it. I hit a curb plowing and bent the wing, I have never had that happen to me before, but it happened. I have had the back of the wing welded, but want to get a plate of steel to weld over the front to brace it more. The plow works fine and its just a cosmetic flaw with the welds and braces.
    If I don't sell it now, I'll sell it in the fall and ask more.
    $2000 Firm
    I will get some pics of the steel v blade and add them later

I'm in Cambridge, Ontario.

Thanks for looking

Justin
    519-581-8267

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

10g installed? Was the cutting made of gold or something? I would like to see some pictures.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You know he live's in Ontario, all of our snow equipment costs more because of the exchange rate. I hope he didn't pay 10k but 9k including taxes and install is very common.

4. EXR

EXR Senior Member

Well I think it was around $9500..but thats pushing 10gs anyways...lot of money for a plow.
    I will get pictures shortly..
    I actually just got back from the shop where I removed the wiring for the plow and salter off my truck.

5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Ok thx Pictures would be good