1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Mounts

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Weenuk, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

How different are the mounts between different models. Can the HTS fit the truck underbody mounts of a Suburbanite? Are the three extension wiring plugs the same between the HTS and Suburbanite? Any assistance on this matter would be great....

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The Suburbanite doesn't share mounting components with any other Western plow, as it does not use the Ultra Mount system.

The HTS is a Multiplex hydraulic/wiring system. It only has two electrical plugs, so it is not compatible with any three plug system.

3. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

Thanx for the assistance.

4. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

Which other Western models beside the Suburbanite use a 3 plug system??? Can the receiver brackets be replaced to fit other models? What about the Ultra mount to Uni mount conversion kit???

5. cubicinches

All Ultra mount straight blades, except the very early two plug ones without isolation module systems. And MVP V-plows, But not MVP Plus, Wide-Out, or HTS.

The Suburbanite doesn't use receivers.

The HTS receivers are specific to the HTS, but they fit the regular Ultra Mount truck mounts.

It fits any regular Ultra Mount truck mount.

6. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

You have been so great, thanks for the useful advice.

Cheers

7. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

My old Suburbanite had receiver brackets that could be removed during summer and held in place with two pins on each.....

8. cubicinches

That's correct. I guess I sorta mis-spoke. They do have a reciever of sorts... It has a spring loaded pin assembly on it where the plow attaches. I forgot that this part was removable from the truck mount.

9. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

Would I be able to replace this receiver body with another receiver body to fit a different Western plow with 3 plug system??

10. cubicinches

No. The suburbanite receivers are different than the Ultra Mount receivers. Plus, I'm pretty certain that the Suburbanite truck mount isn't heavy enough to carry a full size plow.

11. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

I am referring the the Wide Out (900lbs), more like the Middleweight (500lbs). Thanx for all the assistance.