1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western mounts for lifted trucks

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by JustJeff, Oct 31, 2015.

1. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

2. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

nice looking mounts. look well made

Hey Jeff I just got a 2014 Ram CC SRW 2500 5.7 hemi .When you plow with your truck even though its a Cummins being it has a new style trans where do you put the gear selector drive or down on button for 1-3 for plowing and did you have any trouble...

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I just put it in drive and let it do it's thing. I never reach speeds where it would have to go above second while plowing. This way when I'm going in between sites I don't have to remember to put it back like normal. I put the coolant temp on my EVIC and have never seen it get too hot.

You must have been able to get the 5.7 and the 6.4 in the '14s because I plowed with a guy who had a new 14 last year and his was the 6.4. Was it an option in 14, or just depend on the build date as to which engine you got?