1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western mounts for a chevy??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jbone, Aug 18, 2006.

1. jbone

jbone Senior Member

Im buying a western from a friend of mine for cheap. Im not sure of the year/model of it. I wasnt sure if it really made a difference ( If they are all the same). Its going on a 94 chevy 2500 but its coming off of a ford bronco. Do I need to know the year/model/serial# to figure out which mounts I need?? Does anyone know where I can get the mounts, and wiring harness? Thanks!

2. ROCKY C

ROCKY C Junior Member

First you need to determine if the plow is a unimount or conventional mount. The unimount plow when removed from the vehicle will have the complete hydraulic unit and headlamps attached to the plow assembly. You will need a new mount and headlamp wiring. The unimount truck mount # you need is a 62330 and the headlamp wiring depends on your stle of headlamps on your truck.

3. jbone

jbone Senior Member

thanks! although I think its a conventional mount

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If its a conventional, you will probably not be able to find a new mount from a western dealer. If the bronco was a 89 or new and the plow was installed when the bronco was new, its more than likely a unimount. Best way to tell what you have is to go to westerns site and look at the manuals they have online.

5. jbone

jbone Senior Member

ok turns out it is a unimount. The nice thing is my friends father has the same plow on his chevy 1 ton. I think its a 97'. Hes putting a fisher v-plow on it this year and wont be needing the wester anymore. his plow is shot but the unimount and everything else is good. im gonna get that stuff from him and buy his other plow thats in good shape.