1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western mount wanted

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by royallawn, Nov 30, 2005.

1. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

i need a western mount for a 97 chevy 2500. i'm retiring a 79 and want to keep my pro plow cable pump. thanks e-mail: ryllwns@sbcglobal.net

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

That could be a tough one...You may be better off modifying the mount on the 79 I don't think that they made mounts for the cable style plows for a 1997 model. I have had one made to fit a 1990 K 2500 Chevy, I think it cost me around $300.00! Just a thought!

3. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Where in Ks. are you? I have one that would probably work....cheap!

4. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

paola

i'm in paola, just south of k c. what do you have?

5. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

repo man

repo man, you are not very far away at all. what mount do you have and how much $. thanks, kenny

6. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

mount

exmark1, i have one on a 88, i think it would be the same mount for a 97. my 88 has over 500,000 on it and still runs great. used engine around 460,000

7. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

I had it on my 97 chev...it was modified for it...call me @ 417-876-1280
    $75

8. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

call

tried to call but daughter said you were gone. will call later today. you can call me at 913-294-5730 is the mount complete? if so, i will take it. does the bumper bolt back up to it? thanks, kenny

9. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

still looking

10. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Didn't the other work? I'm selling my whole truck if interested.

11. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

no it didn't. the a frame for my plow must be smaller distance apart than a uni-mount plow. it might still come in handy if i fabricate the old one. why selling out?

12. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Get ahold of me tomorrow and I'll let ya know. Don't need to put it on here.