1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Mount Question!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ThatGuySnowPlow, Dec 8, 2015.

1. ThatGuySnowPlow

ThatGuySnowPlow Member

I am having a western mid weight put on Friday and have a question. If I decide to switch the plow from my Tahoe to a pickup later on can I switch to the pro series without buying a new mount?
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Need more details on year on trucks
  3. ThatGuySnowPlow

ThatGuySnowPlow Member

Current is 1999 chevy tahoe 4DR

Next vehicle will be a chevy truck between 2000-2005 1500
  4. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i'm not following the question. are you looking to:

1. midweight on tahoe
    2. swap midweight to pickup truck (with possibly new truck side and light wiring)
    3. then upgrade to a pro plow at some later point on that same pick up?

if that is the case then it is possible if the midweight uses the ultramount 2 then you can upgrade the blade at any point in the future. but that being said you have to make sure the 1/2 ton pickup you choose can handle the wight of a pro plow. to be honest i'm not sure the tahoe can handle the midweight.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  5. ThatGuySnowPlow

ThatGuySnowPlow Member

That was my main concern on the Mid weight. I first wanted to buy the HTS and the dealer fudged the numbers and said he could put a Mid weight on.
  6. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Your truckside mount, no. The frames changed in 2000 model trucks

Your 1999 Tahoe has a 67865 mount and a 2000 1/2 ton will have a 67960-1 mount.

Your harness might work depending on what headlights you currently have (2B or HB3/4) Both were available options on the 1999 Tahoe. And that also depends on the year of truck that you actually get as your new truck.
  7. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

you also have to think that the HTS and midweight are going to be harder to sell and sell for far less because they are more homeowner type plows.