1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western mount for a hummer h3

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by BLIZARD BUSTERS, Jan 2, 2008.

Does western make a mount for a h3 hummer either a uni or ultra i cant find one
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I can't recall anybody that makes a mount for the H3's...
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There's not enough excess axle capacity to install a plow on a H3. It's built on a Canyon chassis and suspension which is far from stout. It barely can carry the H3 body as it is.
  4. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

H3 Plow

Its funny that you guys are talking about that. I was driveing in my town in and I saw a H3 with a western ultra mount on it. I did not think they made a mount for it so when I went to get some parts for my plows at my Western shop I asked them do they make a mount for a hummer H3 they told me no. I told them that I saw on and they told me it must have been made custom. I have seen the truck around a few times iam trying to get some pictures to post and try to stop the guy and ask him about it so i will get back to you guys

Yeah that would be great you can email to me to if u want i really want one but i need to know what i can do with it first b4 i buy one or i am gonna buy a 2500 hd i want a v or it
  6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The mounts for the hummers are custom made by a truck equipment CO. in NY. If the name ever pops into my head ill post it.
  7. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Thats the one JT. I talked to them years ago when i did my first Fisher install on a Hummer and they did say they were working on some western stuff but that was a few years ago.
  9. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Hummer Mount

yea i sire will e/mail them to you as soon as I see that truck iam still looking into it more THANKS
  10. tgh117

tgh117 Junior Member

Meyer makes a DP 6'-8" for a colorado, which uses the same frame as an H3, so in theory you could be a meyer on an H3 with really no hassle.
  11. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

If you could even put a western on a H3, it would have to be a 6.8 surbanite. It would definitely have to be custom built.