1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Mount for a 2005 F-250?????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowKid150, Oct 19, 2004.

1. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

Hey guys. Ok, i am pretty much set on trading my 2004 f250 gasser for a 2005 6.0 liter Diesel because the fuel on my current 04 is absolutely killing me, and the 05 diesel is just awesome and it is a truck i would want to keep around for a long time. The problem is, got my brand new western ultramount 8 foot pro plow installed last year, with everything compatible to my 04 F250, and i am wondering if it will swap over without any problems. Does the electrical fit the 05? and does western make the correct mount for the 05? Please Help ASAP, because this deal is going down sometime this week. Thanks a million.

Kev

2. iowaegian

iowaegian Junior Member
    from 1

A new mount and wiring harness are required. They should be available now at your Western dealer.

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

The mount and wiring should be the same. I traded in a chevy on my current truck(Ford) and used the same wiring but had to get a different mount. Going Ford to Ford with the same body style, it should all be the same. :waving:

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I'm guessing you have an "early" build 04',in which case you do need new mounts for the 05'I wouldn't buy into the new wiring just yet without asking questions because i'm showing the same wire harness #'s.

The Boss,I'm not sure how your truck is wired or what plow your dealing with but the Chevy electrics(if Western or Fisher) are completly different than Ford are not compatible.

5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've got the Boss plow. I realized after posting earlier that the 05 IS different.

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The electrical will be the same. The way to check for the mount is to look just behind the front bumper from underneath. The is a flange that points to the outside of the truck where the blocker beam use to bolt to. If your current mount is not bolted through that flange and/or if that flange has 3 holes in it in a triangle bolt pattern, your current mount will not fit the new truck. If you look under there and the mount is bolted to a flange that is on the inside and outside of the frame with 2 bolts through both flanges, your current mount sill fit.

Ok, I might be wrong about the harness, western is showing a H13 or 2b bulb only for the 05's where your 04 used a HB5 bulb, so you will probably need a new harness also.

Hopefully your currrent truck is set up with the isolation module otherwise its going to get expensive, western doesnt have a harness in a relay setup for the 05's.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004