1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western motor problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 1olddog2, Jan 21, 2007.

1. 1olddog2

1olddog2 Member

help how do u remove the motor off valve body ,i think mine die plowing today. did try to jump with cables nothing help!!! I did take the unit off, pull the can ,dropped the the 5 bolt thing ( pump pick up ) turn motor with srcew driver (easy turned),pump turn easy. Jumped with battery it worked put all back together worked try again worked. Put back on truck NO WORK WTF MAD HAS HELL. Dick some more trying to get it to work no good .Atleast the bears r winnig, BUT IT IS SNOWING
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Or you getting power through the motor solenoid?
  3. 1olddog2

1olddog2 Member

yeah also check it back wards,from the plow post to solenoid, ground too. tried jumper cables from battery to pos. and neg studs on motor it's self. nothing be atleast the Bears are Going to the Super Bowl:redbounce purplebou :redbounce purplebou