1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Mold-Board Question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Rgory, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Rgory

Rgory Member

Ok,

I have another unique question.

If you dont have a little bit of time feel free move on.

But I was curious if any Western Mold Board would fit on an Ultramount A-frame and Quadrant. It looks like most of the 8' and 7.5' are about the same mounting set ups to the quadrants and a-frames but I am not sure.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. the reason why I am asking is because I know someone who has a Ultramount Frame, just the base frame, no hydraulics, electrical or mold board. But just curious if it was worth my while to try to piece together a spare plow.

Ryan:waving:

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The mold boards are interchangeable as long as you stay within the class of the blade ie, standard boards fit standard quadrants, pro boards fit pro quadrants. The standard quad has 2 sets of lugs to pin the blade to and the pro has 3 sets of lugs to pin the blade to.

3. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 Senior Member

yes that is correct i just replaced my old 7.5ft pro plow mold board and put on a new 8ft pro plow board.

IMG_0901 (Medium).jpg

IMG_0902 (Medium).jpg

4. Rgory

Rgory Member

Thanks,

Thanks guys.

I really do appreciate all of your help purplebou :redbounce