1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Model 1000 swing away

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by dasjuice, Nov 25, 2009.

1. dasjuice

dasjuice Junior Member
    from RF

Western Model 1000 swing away

Anyone have any pics of this spreader open and closed? know how well it works, how well it rides with weight and how it swings with weight. Overall how well does it work?
  2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Our first spreader was a western 1000. It worked great for us for untill it finally was retired. Sorry no pics but I can tell you they are good spreaders. As far as swinging it with weight that is not an option. They were not ment to be swung open with salt in them. They ride/carry weight just fine. If you plan on filling it and driving a long distance the salt can settle and you can run into trouble getting it to flow once you get to your job. All in all they are good spreaders !!!

Good luck , shaun
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Great spreader but Not sure I would ever try to swing one open that is full either.
  4. dasjuice

dasjuice Junior Member
    from RF

thanks for your replys
  5. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Anyone have more info about this spreader, I am considering one for this winter. Pics would be great too.