1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Midweight Wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by djbobahdee, Jan 7, 2015.

1. djbobahdee

djbobahdee Junior Member

Hey guys, im going to buy a 7.5 western Midweight plow for my yukon xl, does anyone know if there are wings for it or the ones made for the pro can be mod? im gonna start helping my dad with his cermercial lots, only reason for a midweight is so its lighter on the yukon xl therefore i also cant get a 8ft only 7.5. Found a nice used one on ebay! purplebou
  2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

My guess is no because wings themselves weigh alot, and obviously will increase the amount of snow/weight being pushed
  3. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

If you put wings on it you'd be wider than an 8ft and probably heavier.

What's your FGAWR?
  4. mengle

mengle Junior Member

You can put wings on a midweight try northerntools.com sam universal wings i have it on my hts. The blades are the same height and gauge
  5. dstifel

dstifel Senior Member
    from Iowa

Can u post pics of the hts I have I'm considering wings on.
  6. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

How are pictures of the same plow you own going to help you? He doesn't have wings yet.
  7. dstifel

dstifel Senior Member
    from Iowa

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I believe it says he has them on his hts. Take a deep breath klown master, it will be ok.