1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Midweight Plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by minisme, Dec 4, 2004.

1. minisme

minisme Junior Member
    from 80302

I'm looking at either a Western Standard 7'6" plow or the new Western Midweight 7'6" for my 2003 GMC Sierra 1500 1/2 ton. The plow will be mainly be used on my dirt driveway and a few small jobs.

I'd like to go with the Midweight but I haven't heard from anyone using this new model yet.

Anyone have any feedback on Western Midweight?

Thanks

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

i have install a couple of them and tripped over one sitting in the shop for the last 2 weeks so i have had a good look at them.

They are building them in what basically is a lighter version of the pro plus , which is designed as a commercial use blade. I havent really seen anything i could be critical of and like the way they built twhere the a-frame meets the quadrant, will keep the blade from wobbling after alot of use.

Western does their homework before they put out a product and the mid weight is supposed to be replacing the standard plows eventually. I dont think you will have a problem with it for what you are planning on using it for.

3. daredevil1

daredevil1 Member

How much does the midweight run?

4. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

The midweight is awesome!!! Use the **** out of mine.

5. Hammer24

Hammer24 Junior Member

I have a 7'6 midweight poly blade on my dodge ram 1500 quad cab and it works great wesport, I went with the poly only because I have a stone driveway and didnt care to see my blade start to rust from the stones scratching the surface. The dealer said that if you were to puncture the poly blade with a rock, stick, etc. you would puncture the steel blade as well thats how tough the poly blade is. I absolutely love my midweight. As for cost...I payed $4000 installed with handheld controller. I have pictures on here somewhere. I say go with it, its a lot lighter then the others and that spells less ware and tear on your frontend. Good Luck!

6. iowasnow

iowasnow Junior Member

hammer, how does your quad cab hold up to the midweight, i am looking at having the same set up, what year is your truck, would there be a chance of getting a few pics of it mounted on your truck so i can see the squat. thanks

7. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

I have 2 of them and like them better than the standard 7.5. I have used the crap of them for 2 seasons now.

8. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

we own a 7.6 poly one and love it as well!

9. iowasnow

iowasnow Junior Member

Well looks like I will be ordering a new midweight poly thw week

10. iowasnow

iowasnow Junior Member

Well looks like I will be ordering a new midweight poly this week

11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I still have a "new" midwieght in steel and have 3/4ton Dodge coil springs to boot :nod:. I bet I could save you $1500 Thumbs Up

12. iowasnow

iowasnow Junior Member

Thanks nbi but I am really wanting a poly blade. I do appreciate the offer

13. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

OK be sure to post pictures when you get it mounted up

14. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

what set up do you have for the midweight, have a ford 2010 f150 4x4........anychance youcan install if i drive up......cost?

15. RMC LANDSCAPING

RMC LANDSCAPING Member
    from Chicago

i love the midweight! going on 2 season now!

16. twenty6.2

twenty6.2 Junior Member

NBI Lawn...what do you want for the midweight? This is a complete setup? I'm in Andover and looking for a plow for my 2004 F150.