1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western midweight plow is drooping

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by EDDIEPIO, Feb 9, 2015.

1. EDDIEPIO

EDDIEPIO Junior Member

After the plow is up in any up position it will slowly lower until it is on the ground key on or off it may take a minute or ten but it WILL end all the down on the ground,

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Replace/clean S1 valve.

3. EDDIEPIO

EDDIEPIO Junior Member

Thanks for the tip,
    will let you know how its works out,
    thanks again

4. EDDIEPIO

EDDIEPIO Junior Member

Okay i give up i looked thru the part listing i can not find the "s1" valve , please direct me to the page , i looked on the plow site cataloging , cant find it, thanks again for your help,

5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I assume this is a western isarmatic pump ?

Just had the same thing,happen to mine. The s1 valve was about $45 and immediately fixed the issue. Torque on the valve is 10 fl lbs, and the coil is 4 ft lbs. Lube the o ring with plow fluid before torquing. I used my inch lb wrench and made it 120 and 48 inch lbs respectively

You want to make sure you're inspecting the valve for debris when removed. Replace the fluid while youre at it would be beneficial

Have fun

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

http://library.westernplows.com/default.asp?cat=247

Its in the mechanics guide. If you have the isarmatic pump,as i mentioned before, under the cover where the 3 coils and valves are housed, its the top right valve whereas two valves on top, and single on left bottom. Call your local supplier as most of them know the part number already. Wouldnt be a bad idea to change the coil on it as well if its never been changed, or if you have an ohm meter you can test it. Easier to spend the $18 and just replace it