1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western midweight on a TJ? to heavy?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by cj7plowing, Dec 24, 2009.

1. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

I have a freind that wants to sell his tj to me. Its an 2003 or 2004 4.0 liter with 3.73 gears auto. The jeep is stock no lift and original tires. I have an extra western midweight plow in my yard. my question is I think the plow is around 530 pounds. my main question is does western make a tj mount for a ultramount?

I know western doesnt advise this plow on the front of a jeep, but I have seen heavier plows on the fronts of them what do you think? is it possible? would I have to fabricate a mount? I am a cj guy through and through but my wife wants something to drive around during the summer and since my 2 cjs are a little tough to drive, I think this would be a nice fit and you know I cant own a jeep without slapping a plow on it!

I have outfitted many CJs over the years just not a TJ. Lets hear what I need to do? air shocks, brake upgrade, 400 pounds mounted to the rear bumper I already have a set of 31" blizzaks to fit it in my warehouse. I was think a 2.5 lift to get it up off the ground a little.
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Don't raise it, 300# in the back, air shocks for the front, grease and check the F end every other storm.

You will love a TJ for plowing.
  3. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

could I raise it 2 inches with the spring spacers? I just want to get the jeep up a little bit. the only other thing that bothers me is the shift on the console and not on the column but I guess I could get use to it.

what about the Western ultramount does anyone have any idea whether they make it for the tj?
  4. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

Was wondering what the f end is? Not a car guy so I don't know what your talking about. Is it easy to grease?
  5. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

darood he is reffereing to the Front end.