1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western mid-weight staight blade plow question (2008 model)

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jimmybu, Mar 1, 2010.

1. jimmybu

jimmybu Junior Member
    from Toronto

my plow has been working great for a while, and then more and more the remote would shut off in the middle of plowing.

I traced it back to 2 of the wires in the handheld remote becoming loose. (i think)

Opened up the remote and attempted to fix the remote.... then put it back together, and now it doesnt work at all.

Is there a fuse for the remote or something that I should be looking for that might have blown that needs to be replaced?

2. justin75

justin75 Junior Member

There are several things you can check. First if it's a Ford check where the negative lead from the main power harness is connected and make sure it's not loose and doesn't have excessive corrosion on it. Fords are known for havinf cheap tin battery terminals. Second if you follow the harness from your hand held remote under the dash there is a small red wire that will be coming out of it. Follow that to the fuse panel and ,ake sure that that fuse isn't shot. Then you can check just off the #1 harness of your isolation module under the hood, there are two capped fuses. the 7.5 amp fuse iss what controls the power to that controller. And you might just have a bad hand held control. There are no fuses in teh hand held control on a straight blade plow. Only the V's.