1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western / Meyer Switch

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by firefighter1406, Aug 8, 2010.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I have stuck a deal to trade my Meyer 8.5C w/pro wings, for a Western 8.5 Unimount MVP. The MVP is in great shape. Plows are off the same truck so everything should match up no problem. Comes with complete mount, wires, and hand-held controller. I also stuck a deal to take off the western and install a my Meyer in trade for a barely used Western Pro-Flo 2 salt spreader with adjustable speed box. Is there anything I should know about this plow? How do you guys think I did? The MVP has great cutting edges and good paint.

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

You did great. As for install, pretty straight forward. Remove the front bumper b/c they bolt into the mounting holes in front. Like everything else, be sure not to tighten anything fully until everything is in place......especially on a SD.

3. firefighter1406

I am just hoping that the western will mount in the same holes or close to the same. I dont want to make my frame swiss cheese.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

They typically use holes already in the frame, maybe having to drill 2 or so. It will be no sweat.

5. firefighter1406

I sure hope so. I am very excited about getting it on the truck. Very excited to see the salt spreader in action too.

6. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

thats one heck of a deal i like that trade especially a meyer trade for a western who is better than you those meyers are nothing but headaches good luck

7. firefighter1406

Well the switch is complete, it took me a day and a half to swap the plows. It will take me a couple more hours to swap the spreader frame with my hitch. The plow looks a little low when lifted so I am going to add the "X" code springs to the front. What do you guys think? I think i did very well, and can't wait to push some snow with it. I think this is going to be a great set-up for my expanding business. Here is just a few pic's...The last one is the two plows I swapped, my old meyer and my new Western MVP.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

8. firefighter1406

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Hey quick question, the manual says the pin height needs to be 9 1/2 to 10 1/2 inches from the ground. Is that with the plow lifted or just sitting on the level ground? Does anybody know how to get the rear brake light on the salt spreader?

9. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

nice setup;)

10. 05 superduty

05 superduty Member
    from NJ

Definately not a fan of the meyers but i like the V

11. firefighter1406

Alright, finally got the salt spreader ready.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

12. firefighter1406

Well just flushed the fluid out of the plow to get ready for the winter season. Trying to get a wing leak down problem figured out. Hopefully I can get that straightened out soon, it is driving me nuts.