1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western mark III

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chrisc1987, Oct 30, 2012.

1. chrisc1987

chrisc1987 Junior Member
    from indiana

I have a 7.5ft western cable operated and I'm getting it ready for winter and I got it all hooked up and it won't angle left. Sometimes the motor just runs and sometimes the plow raise all when I put the stick to the left. I bought this setup used last year and actually never used it and instead of buying a whole bunch of parts I figured I would ask thanks in advance.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I would say cable adjustment for sure

3. chrisc1987

chrisc1987 Junior Member
    from indiana

On the angle cable there is no Adjustmentswhere would I adjust

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Page 7 of the mechanics guide on westerns website

5. chrisc1987

chrisc1987 Junior Member
    from indiana

Just another quick question I got it all to work but when the plow is up and I hit left it raises. When the plow is on the ground it will turn correctly. I have adjusted the cables and haven't got it corrected. Should I turn the check valve on the back and see if that helps?