1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western MA avg snow fall/ events

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cjasonbr, Oct 16, 2006.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Got a commercial place that wants both per push and seasonal prices. I quote dhim at $200/push and need to figure out a seasonal price. What are the avg snows in western MA, or close to here anyways? Of those snows how many are multiple pushes? I already found where it says the avg # of inches a winter, but i'm having trouble turning that into # of events, and even harder/ # of multiple push events.

It's a PIA storage place so i really don't want to undercharge! I already told him that if he wanted seasonal i'd charge him for an above average winter.

Anyways, as always, thanks for all you guys' help!! - Jason

2. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

doesn't anyone have some input or advice? 56 views and zero responses? C'mon guys, help me out! Thanks! -Jason

3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Its kind of hard for me to be exact with the way I bill. I do a commerical with 0-1", wheather I sand/salt or plow and then 1-3" per push. 2004-2005 season looks like 13 single events, 2 double and 2 just sand/salt for ice. 2005-2006 season , 8 single, 2 double pushes. Last year got off to a good start but went dead.

What town you in? That could make a big differance.

4. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Gene: First of all, thanks for responding! I'm sending out the estimate tomorrow, so i'm glad you posted. Anyways, I live/plow in the pioneer valley area. Amherst area.

5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Depends on where in Western MA you are. I live in Berkshire county and Pittsfield gets about 70 or so inches a year, but Peru (3 towns due east...about 12 miles) gets a solid 90+" from the same storm systems. I can tell you that my house in Pittsfield used to average a couple maybe three two push storms a year but my house in Peru averages about 3-4 3 push storms a year (excluding last year which was so light it should be used as reliable data).

6. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

10 plowable events is a kind of slow winter for mass. 20 is a large winter. I would base it on 15 - 20 plowable events. The idea is for you to win and make money. Dont make a win win for the account. If you get $200 for a 6" storm, bid it for $3000 atleast. That seams a little shy though if it is a big storage facility I think....

7. Theo Epstein

Theo Epstein Member

Here's some stats I have. They're only at major airports though, so my numbers are from Hartford.

2005/2006 - 69" of snow; 9 plowable storms (plowable is 1.5" or more)
    2004/2005 - 72"of snow; 15 plowable storms

8. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

thanks for the reply's guys! i sent the guy a quote for $3600. It's not a very big place anyways. Thanks again. -Jason