1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Low pro - MAINTENANCE??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by alternative, Dec 5, 2005.

1. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

what is the lube or regular maint. for my low pro tailgate spreader/ I know there is a bearing with a grease fitting,,, but wont take grease. Should i just use silicone or white lithium on the shaft to keep lubed.?? anything else to do after used in a storm, besides power washing the unit./?? THANKS>

2. alternative

How difficult is it to replace the spinner bearing?? it wont take grease.

3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

change the zerk fitting but first check and make sure there is no paint on the grease fitting

4. alternative

Yeah,,,i will try to get the old one off and replace.

5. alternative

oppps grease fitting broke off... guess ill get an adaptor and try shooting some grease inside. Where can i get a new spinner bearing.???

6. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

alternative -

W.W. Grainger, McMaster & Carr, or your local Western parts dealer. It's nothing more than a 5/8" four bolt flange bearing. Every industrial supply house should have that on hand. Good luck!

Just my .02¢
    Rick

7. alternative

Bought one..

Is this bearing real important.. i am just replacing because it is very rusty and the grease fitting is broke off, an d i cant grease. Gonna replace today

8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

With out that bearing you can forget about salting. How important that is, is up to you.

You are suppose to hit it with grease after each use. Inside there is one under the plastic molding. That one should be done once a year according to my book. I have done it twice in the one year I have had it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  9. alternative

Hey..

where is the grease fitting inside, under plastic.? cant see that one. THANKS>>>>>

10. alternative

Hey Reaper

what plastic molding.??? inside??

11. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

alternative -

Remove the motor cover and under the shaft pulley will be the other grease able bearing.

Just my 02¢
    Rick

12. alternative

Thanks... guys

13. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Correct.

I wiped out all the dust under there real good as well.

14. alternative

HELP

THe bearing flange is not coming off... seems to be stuck on the shaft. How do i get off/? thanks.