1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Low Pro 300w

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Diesel_brad, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

Does anyone have one? Good ? Bad? etc?

I do my drive and 2 neighboring drives with my Ranger. The one drive is so steep, pushing a salt spreader is out of the question. I have been sitting on the blade of the truck holding the walk behind speaker while the GF drives slowly in 4 low. I know I am bound to fall off sooner or later and get run over

I like the 300W for the simplicity of it getting power from the trailer plug and the wireless remote to control it. Also it is not too large of a unit to take on and off the truck by myself. And it also takes bagged rocksalt(unlike most of the others that only take Expensive calcium pellets)

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

we had one at the body shop last year Brad, and had no issues with it other than being small.
    ended up trading it in on a used slide in unit

3. Diesel_brad

Ok, good.
    Since you had experience with one.

It has an auger in the throat of the hopper to "break up" the salt and also keep it from free flowing out?

I see the SnowEx one has what appears to be a manual guillotine style flow stop

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Please post a pic or video of this....please,please,please.lol

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

just make sure you keep it clean!!
    if you let it sit with salt in it corrosion starts and things go sour real fast.
    we emptied it and washed it out after each use.

6. Diesel_brad

Emptying after each use is easy. Washing it is another story