1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western-=- "light harness problems"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by twintreeslawn, Dec 16, 2004.

1. twintreeslawn

twintreeslawn Junior Member

I took the plow and lights off of my 2002 Jeep Wrangler and reinstalled them on a 1997 Jeep Wrangler. Plow went on sweet. I printed off the instruction from the western web-site. Only two holes to drill. Next I put in the light harness per instructions from the manual. Regressed all connections and plugged into plow. Jeep lights still on and working, no plow lights. I tried to trouble shoot things, new relays, recheck all connections. Reread install guide, almost know it by heart. I searched old threads to no avail. Plow works no problems/ just no lights on plow. Any thoughts or ideas will be greatly appreciated. Will an new solenoid make a difference? Still waiting for first snow in Minnesota. :dizzy:
  2. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas Senior Member

re-check all of your relay connections. I had a similar problem and it was all caused by one missed connection on one of the relays. I had about 30 wires going into 4 relays - so it was a really big spaghetti mess - but one missed connection caused the whole light system to fail. Hope this helps.
  3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

You got the isolation module in that harness?
    It seems to me that there was some kind of jumper that you had to switch for different applications.

If you got the old relay style, then check to see if they are clicking when you plug in your 9 pin harness to the plow (key on engine off so you can hear them).

If I remember correctly you have to hook up the main (2 pin) harness first.
    It supplies the ground for the relays.
    And then when you plug in the 9 pin it feeds directly to the backside of the headlight relay coils.
  4. norrod

norrod Senior Member

Did you try High-beams too? And still No?

I ask because I moved a hardness from a 2002 Dodge RAM to a 97' Dodge RAM and only had High-beams on the plow lights.

They both use the HB-5 connector, but the Motorcorp changed the pinout. They swapped the pinout on the Common and the Low beam supply wires.

Had to do a little mod.
  5. twintreeslawn

still no luck

I have high beams on the jeep but no plow lights. I checked the relays to find two wires mixed up, did not make a difference. I keep thinking it has got to be something easy. I will keep trying other things. Thanks guys..
  6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Did you hook up the marker and turn signal wires from the plow harness to the factory harness? The relays use power from the marker lights to switch.
  7. twintreeslawn

Fixed the problem

Thanks Crash935, I had them hooked up, but on the drivers side there are two black wires. I picked the wrong one. Thanks again, This one stumped me. :waving: