1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western/lifted truck

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 99 z71Silverado, Dec 25, 2005.

1. 99 z71Silverado

99 z71Silverado Member
    from Chicago

anyone running a western plow on a lifted truck?? i have a 99 z-71 silverado with a 8' western pro. i was thinking about piutting a 4" suspension lift on. will this affect the plow?

2. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

if you have the ultramount, you might have to chg some brackets around to drop the plow assy lower to the ground, but I had a 3" on my ram, and that thing sat high to begin with... you should be fine.

3. 99 z71Silverado

99 z71Silverado Member
    from Chicago

what kind of plow did you have(uni or ultra). i have a unimout. was it a 3" suspension?? or body lift

4. PAplowman

PAplowman Member

With a Unimount, you'll be fine, may just take a little more effort to get the plow on and off.

5. 99 z71Silverado

99 z71Silverado Member
    from Chicago

yea thats what i figured. All i thought is that the plow might look alittle funny

6. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

plow was an ultra, and it was a 3" suspension.... sorry for the delay.