1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Lift frame question?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by John37, Dec 2, 2008.

1. John37

John37 Junior Member

Guess I had this in the wrong area, but then I am new here. So here is my my problem.

Hi all,
    Yep, I'm a newbie to the site and hoping I can find here what I was unsuccessful finding through google. I have done extensive searching over the last couple of weeks and found nothing. Okay so here's my problem.

First off, I bought this second hand Western Plow from I guy I know. He used it for sometime and upgraded. Problem is, when he removed it from the truck he had it on (Ford) he butchered all the mounting hardware. So I'm attempting to reassemble it replacing where needed and repairing what is salvageable.

I know enough about snow plows to be dangerous. But have successfully managed to build a snow plow mount. That being the part that the blade mounts to. Pretty successful at that, at least.

My problem is the part that the lift pump and lights mount to. I have no idea on the measurements for the height or width of any of that. Although I do have what is left of it. But something is missing.

So you have a better understanding of what I've done so far, when I made the part that goes to the frame of the truck, I mounted two hitch receivers between the frame rails, so I could remove the pump and lights from the truck separate from the plow.

Does anyone know where I can find plans or something to get this project to an end?
    Many thanks.
  2. John37

John37 Junior Member

Well, thanks for all the help!
  3. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

That was kinda rude... patience helps alot too....

Now as for what you are trying to create......

I am going to assume that you bought a conventional style plow from the very minimal info you have provided.

As for building the pump and light part of the mount, it would help people out if you described the system better. Is it electric, or does it have a pully that goes under the hood? Since I assumed that it is conventional, it is also cable operated. If this is the case, you may want to go with the origional design for the frame and leave the pump and lights attached to the truck so you do not have to keep adjusting the cables every time you want to hook up the plow.

If you post pictures of what you have done already, someone may be able to help give you an idea of where to go next to help speed things along.