1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western joystick replacement wire and plug

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MUNRO75, Nov 29, 2010.

1. MUNRO75

MUNRO75 Junior Member

I have a joystick control for my western unimount and prior to me owning it, it had been in a fire and the wires are all britle and falling out of the connector. Its the short (12" or so) coming out of the joystick itself. Its soldered to the board inside.

I've checked everyone locally and no one is interested in repairing this for me.

I do have a solder gun so i'm willing to do this myself but i still need to find the wire.

I'd like to stick to orginal wire size and color so there isnt any confussion down the road.

Anyone out there willing to tackle this for me. If so, email me at terrajeep@hotmail.com

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

ps.............i'll try and load a picture, hope it works

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

If you want to repair it, make up your own harness using the appropriate wire, then find yourself a good sturdy pair of connectors. Hack the truck side harness and add on from there. OR just do the reasonable thing and pick your poison; Either buy a new board (Western Part# 56369 or Fisher part# 8334) which has the cord attached, or buy the entire controler....