1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Joystick problems

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mxz600, Nov 26, 2002.

1. mxz600

mxz600 Junior Member

Hey fellas, first post here as you can tell. Lots of great info and knowledgeable people. Well here goes my first question.

Joystick control on older cable operated Western pump came apart okay, but doesn't seem to work right now that I put it back together. Looks like there is only one way to put it together but I must have done something wrong.

Symptoms-
    move joystick up great
    move joystick down and it sticks down
    move joystick left great
    move joystick right and there is resistance

Probably something stupid I did, anybody got any ideas or a schematic of how this thing goes back together to help me out? Thanks for all information you may have.

Again, great site.

Jay

2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Istallation Order

The controller goes together in this order; base plate;platten( that's the piece the cables attach to) cupped spacer; spring and housing. How did it work before you took it apart?:rolleyes: John

3. mxz600

mxz600 Junior Member

It worked okay, I pulled it apart to get it off my dashboard as I was painting it to freshen up the interior of the old girl. The platten is the part that looks like it can only be assembled in one orientation. Order-wise I did everything correctly. The platen has 2 posts that the cables attach to which I know I didn't screw up, and one post that is plastic. Does the plastic knobbed post point down towards the floor? Also, this is a cable actuated joystick, why does everything look like it makes an electrical connection when the joystick is tripped u,d,r,or l? Sorry, I'm new at this and a little confused.

Thanks,
    Jay

4. mxz600

mxz600 Junior Member

Any buddy know a website I can find a diagram to tell me ho wto put it back together? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jay

5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict