1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western joystick control issue

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jafarr, Nov 27, 2013.

1. jafarr

jafarr Junior Member
    from canada

Hi everyone. I am looking for some technical information. I bought a used plow truck in the fall with a western straight blade plow. It was jerry rigged so I have been fixing it up a bit at a time. When I bought it the left shift wasn't working, the guy had a jumper wire to make it work. Since then the right shift has failed. Raise and lower still work fine. I taken the controller apart and the best I can tell is that the resisters on the circuit board are faulty. The switches test perfect with my ohm meter and if you apply a powered jumper to the negative side of both switches the blade will shift left or right perfectly.

Does anyone have access to a schematic or know what is the correct resistor to buy? The circuit board is labelled 56281 REV.1 and the switches that are not working are S3 and S5 and the resistors I am talking about are labelled D1 D2 D3 D4

Hope for some help,

Thanks

2. jafarr

jafarr Junior Member
    from canada

I was doing research and realized I'm looking at diodes, not resisters

Thanks

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Not sure where to buy the components for circuit board but western does sell the entire board.

4. jafarr

jafarr Junior Member
    from canada

Thanks, they quoted me $212 for the board. Diodes a cheap as long as you can find the right one. Does anyone have access to a schematic of this cicuit board?

Thanks

5. upplowin

upplowin Member
    from UP/MI

Not sure they sell parts FOR the circuit board, you can buy the whole circuit board, through westerns website ( western plows I think) what exact plow do you have, old style, new style???, & if newer plow, Cab Command or the small joystick controller???