1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western joy stick

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by turfguy, Nov 11, 2003.

1. turfguy

turfguy Member

I have a western ultramount pro plow and I love it! This winter I decided to change my cabcommand unit out for a joy stick control. However now when ever I drop the blade it goes all the way down without stopping with the old unit I could adjust the amount that the plow droped down and now I cant. I thought the two units would operate the same. Is my joystick bad ?has any one else seen this?
  2. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

that is how it is designed. That is why whenever you are traveling down the road to be sure to shut it off. I've done it at 35 - 40 MPH and scared me to death as i was not expecting it.

from SE PA

Per your owners manual you can adjust your drop rate on your pump,However it also affects your raising speed! You do not want your blade to crash down, a soft landing is best!
  4. turfguy

turfguy Member

I dont think it is the drop rate. with the hand held control you can drop the plow just a little bit at a time, the minute you take your finger off the button the plow will hang at that height. with the joystick the plow just drops like a stone all at once. any other ideas??? is it wired right?? mark
  5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Just as brian said, thats how they are designed. If you slow your rate of drop you will be able to catch the blade before it hits the ground by bumping the controller into the up position.
  6. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Is there an adjustment for the MVP also? I would like to lower my speed a little.

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

mpv blade ajustment

j the adjustment quill (flat slotted screw) it is under the electric motor just below where the negative ground wire is ..all you will need is a small flat head screwdriver and turn it . I'm not sure which way ,that should do it.